Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Whit Brantley

Andrew Whitlark Brantley
May 4, 2010 @ 10:22am
6 lbs 12 oz / 20.75 in
So after all my complaining I went to the doctor on Monday for a regular appointment and had progressed to the point where she was more than willing to let me come in the next day and be induced. So I went home, picked up the house, made some plans for Kate and finished packing my bags and then off we went the next morning at 5am!! I was a little nervous about being induced but everything went really well. I went from 3cm to 10cm in about 1 hour and then only had to actually push him out as he was already crowning on his own. Jason and I were in a little disbelief as everything happened so quickly since by 10:30 that morning we were proud parents of a little boy (which Jason made sure to double check when he came out!) Our nurses were great and it was nice that my doctor got to deliver me. Whit is doing really well and big sister Kate is probably actually in denial! :)

Kate was interested in Whit but not like I thought she would be.
She was quite shy about taking a picture with him. Probably because a handful of her favorite people were here at the hospital, including her Pop. She even went right past me to tell Bry (Jason's sister) hello when she hadn't seen me in days!
And she was quite excited about her McDonalds too. So I think our effort to make her feel special and it not be all about Whit was successful...so successful that she probably still doesn't quite understand that he will be coming home with us to live!

16 comments:

kristen elaine said...

Congrats Brantley fam! Whit is adorable!! Can't wait to meet him!

ps - Laura, you look amazing!

The 6 W's said...

You look AMAZING Laura! Congratulations on your sweet baby boy!! : )

Shea and Jacob said...

I'm so excited to see an update! You guys are such a beautiful family of 4! And you look great! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to talk soon! Love you!!!

Marianna said...

Laura, He is adorable! Congratulations on a good labor and a healthy baby boy! Welcome to the world, Whit! Laura, You look awesome!!

JJ said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you and glad it went so good! Miss and love you!

Lauren said...

Loved meeting and snuggling Whit! He is such a sweet blessing to your precious family!

Andrea said...

Congrats Laura, Jason, and Kate! :) I have been thinking about you a lot lately, Laura. Whit is absolutely precious and I am so excited for the new little addition to your family! :)

Wilson's Winners said...

such a blessing! you look great:-) prayers for a smooth transition and a few zzzzz'S!

Denise said...

New baby is so sweet and big sister is so cute!!! She'll get the hang of being the big sis in no time! congrats!

Courtney said...

Yay!! Congrats! He's beautiful!! Clayton was the same size just a little shorter when he was born! Praying that you make a smooth transition home and more importantly that Kate does well with him! Can't wait to see him!

Kelsi Whitehorn said...

Congratulations!!! He's beautiful. Can't wait to hear more about your new adventures as a family of 4!

Natalie said...

Ummmm so YEAH I hope my next birthing story is like that ;) a big congrats to a beautiful family!!!

Renea W said...

He is beautiful! I'm so glad you had an easy time and everything went well. I wish I was close enough to hold him! You need to come to Dallas sometime! Love you!

Becky S said...

Congrats Laura and Jason!! Whit is such a cutie and I know he and Kate will become fast friends!!(of course probably on her terms!)

Becky S said...

Congrats Laura and Jason!! Whit is such a cutie and I know he and Kate will become fast friends!!(of course probably on her terms!)

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! He is just beautiful!! And you look GREAT!