Saturday, May 8, 2010

First Days Home

Our first few days at home have been really good. I realize that Whit is only about 5 days old but he just seems like a more content baby then Kate was. I didn't think I was ready to care for a newborn again but you really do forget just how precious and sweet they are and I am enjoying every minute. Everyone asks how Kate is doing...she has responded how I had hoped but not how I had expected. She is very sweet to Whit and doesn't seem to mind that he is home with us. We have had a few melt downs and have been a little whiny but for the most part the transition is going really well.
Whit is a little jaundice. Right now we only have to put him in the window to do a little sunbathing. But we are having to go in everyday to have his heel pricked so hopefully his numbers start going down and don't continue to rise or he will then have to go under the lights.

Kate loves to hold her little brother. When he is in her arms she says "hello baby Whit, I am your big sister Kate." It is really sweet to watch.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Laura...he's so cute and sweet and little! I'm so glad ya'll are doing so well and the transition is going smoothly so far. Hopefully, the same will go for us. :)

Amy said...

Oh that one of him with no clothes on makes me think of scrawny little Dawson when he was about 6lbs. I just LOVE it! Tell him not to grow too much! I thought in his birth pictures he looked SO much like Kate. In this pictures---not so much.

Natalie and Steven Seahorn said...

how sweet!