Thursday, February 25, 2010

Whit's Bedding

It's a shame that I am not as into doing a room for Whit as I was with Kate. Not sure if its because he is a boy or because the second time around you realize things just aren't as important as you thought they were the first time, or it could be that I am not working anymore and the family income is lower and you can't buy everything you want! :)

However, I have decided to go with a cabin theme in his room. His walls look like timber (thanks to Emily who lived here before us and did her little boys room this way). However I bought some fabric to make his bedding before I had really made a firm decision about the cabin theme. I have decided to just make a big boy room for him and then just stick a crib in it that doesn't really match the rest of the room - since it is somewhat temporary anyway. The fabric has a lot of the same coloring as the rest of the room but it is a little more modern then the rest of the room is going to end up looking. I finally started and finished making his bedding and even had enough fabric left over to make a skirt. It isn't perfect by any means but for not having a pattern and just going for it I think it turned out really well!

If I ever get the rest of his room done I will have to post pictures of it as well!! :) At least he has a bed now that he can come home and sleep in!

8 comments:

The 6 W's said...

That's too funny! I did the same thing...went all out for Lily's room and kind of skimped on Reid's..poor thing! : ) The bedding looks great!

Anonymous said...

I love the bedding! You are so talented. I'm jealous!

You are going to love having a boy! I am outnumbered in my house and love it. Not that I wouldn't love a girl because I would, but not for a few years...

Whitlamy said...

You know I love it.

Sandy P said...

Wait until #3. We have not even painted the room yet and we have less than 2 months. We are using the bedding from one of the first 2 depending on the gender. Maybe one day I will pull a few things out of the basement so the baby has something to wear coming home! I did buy a new car seat since ours was 6 years old.

Shea and Jacob said...

It's very cute! Way cuter than you made it sound yesterday! I love it!

Ashley said...

love it Laura! I wish I had your sewing talent! Can't wait for Whit to get here!!

Leslie Harwell said...

So cute! Awesome JOB Laura! Looking forward to Whitt's arriving!

Andrea said...

You are so talented! It looks awesome.