Friday, February 19, 2010

Rock A Bye Baby

This rocking chair was mine as a little girl and now Kate has it. We brought it home last night from my parents house and Kate hasn't stopped rocking her baby. Guess it is good practice for when Whit comes home...except when Kate is done rocking her baby she just throws it down -we will definitely have to work on that!

For those of you who know me well know that my idea of cooking is putting a Stoufers Lasagna in the oven. However, one of my really good friends is the owner of Ashley Mac's and is an amazing cook. She has graciously taken on helping me become someone who can melt my husbands heart with a nice meal when he comes home from work and a meal that I can handle. So the other night we had Lemon Zest Tilapia on top of wild rice, twice baked potatoes and some lima beans (Jason's favorite). I am not a huge fish lover but Jason said it all tasted really good so I say it was a success.
I had asked Ashley for this beef bourguignon recipe and she responded with this, "it's not hard, but it did take me about 3 hrs to make just because there are a lot of steps. This might be like you teaching me how to sew and starting with Kate's heirloom easter dress." After that comment I decided that I should change my first real experimental cooking with something easier!

1 comment:

Lauren Winter said...

Laura, I'm proud of your efforts. You are quite the Martha Stewart! There's nothing wrong with Stouffer's though : )