Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! Even though this year Kate still was a little clueless it was really fun trying to teach her about Christmas. When speaking to a two year old and trying to tell them its Baby Jesus's Birthday really puts things back into perspective for me as Christmas so easily becomes all about decorating my house, buying presents for everyone, parties, cute outfits, great music on the radio, and so much more. So I am thankful this year for the sweet reminder that Christmas is all about a little baby who came to be my Savior.

Kate was uninterested in having her picture taken with Jason and I in front of the tree...but it was nice getting a good picture of the two of us. Is anyone else like us and since having children have a million pictures of the kids but haven't taken a picture of you and your husband in years??
Both my brothers were in town and Kate loved playing with Bryce and Hannah. Here is a cute picture of Hannah and Kate loving on each other Christmas Eve night.
We had a wonderful Christmas Day with family. Kate really enjoyed opening "my presents."
*Santa Clause made a personal appearance for Kate about a week or so ago. The Brantleys have a good family friend that dresses up for Kate every year. Kate loves to talk about Santa Clause but has absolutely no interest in seeing him in person. She was shaking and squeezing my neck when Santa came into the house...but after he left she loved telling everyone about Santa and the Mickey Mouse stuffed animal he left her. When my computer starts behaving better I will have to post pictures...it took me forever to get these up.

1 comment:

Renea Whitehorn said...

Kate looks so cute in the little green dress with the kitchen. Her hair looks great and I've noticed she doesn't mind the clips now. I'm glad you're feeling better too! Can't wait to see Whit:)