Sunday, January 10, 2010

A New Year

I realize that I usually post on our blog weekly and lately it has been more like monthly.
I promise to do a better job in the coming year as we have a new camera now (the old one didn't always want to take a picture when you wanted it too), I am feeling great now that I am over the hump of pregnancy sickness and can multitask again, and Kate is potty trained enough now that she can take herself to the potty (for the most part)!
The Brantley household has been a little crazy lately. We decided to build a new deck on the back of our house. It is still in process but I will have post pictures when its done. Jason and his friend Tom are building it and I am most impressed with their work.
As luck would have it, a good friend of mine that has two boys already is now having a little girl around the same time I am having a little boy so we decided to swap baby stuff. And I mean we swapped everything. Clothes, shoes, crib sheets, blankets, bumbos...you name it. It has been a blessing as I went from thinking that Whit would have nothing to wear and that we had so much to buy, to the fact that he now has more stuff then Kate ever did when she was born. So besides some baby basics and getting the nursery actually cleaned out and set up, I am feeling very at peace and ready for this baby!
Kate is loving school and I am loving her being back at school after the holidays. I need to start sewing some spring dresses for her as I am sure that I will not be sewing too much after May. And we are just looking forward to the weather warming up again so that we can play outside and get out of the confines of our house most days.

1 comment:

Shea and Jacob said...

I have to mail your Baby Bjorn back to you also! Don't forget! OR I should say....don't let ME forget!