Monday, April 13, 2009

Halleluiah...We Serve a Risen Savior!

Where do I even begin to express thankfulness that we serve a Risen Savior. And oh, how I need to be reminded each day of Christ's sacrifice on the cross. We had a wonderful Easter yesterday and got to experience an awesome worship time at church!

And of course I had to make Kate's Easter dress. This was my second real go at heirloom sewing and I have decided after this dress that I may not make too many more. It can be very expensive and very time consuming. And it doesn't help when I hold the dress up to Jason and he says "very pretty" and then goes back to watching golf. I was like, "did you not take time to see the vertical lace insertion, or the pin tucks, or hand embroidery? How about the gathered lace attached to entredeaux or the gathered sleeves?" I think I just have to realize that he may never appreciate any of that! Yesterday afternoon we did a little Easter egg hunt with Kate and she was so proud of herself when she would find and egg and put it in the basket!
What a difference a year makes!

2 comments:

M :) said...

What a gorgeous family you have. I hope all is well with you. Are you busy thursday afternoon? I am picking up a friend from the airport around 415. My email is melanie@smylyweb.com
Happy Easter :)

Jennifer Horne said...

I think the dress you made for your daughter is beautiful! You did a great job. :)
Jennifer Horne