Saturday, April 11, 2009

A New House and A New Nephew

1. New House
It is a somewhat complicated story but the cliff note version is that we bought a new house and sold our house in less than a week. The new house is on a culd-a-sac and has lots of young families that live on that street. Some of the moms called and invited Kate and I to the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt this past Wednesday and I enjoyed meeting all the moms and Kate loved playing with all the kids. We are excited about how the Lord has orchestrated all of this and we already feel like a part of the neighborhood and we don't officially even live there yet.

There was a trampoline in the backyard so Kate really had fun jumping on it with all her new friends. She was the youngest one there but that didn't stop her from getting in on the fun.


2. New Nephew - Dawson
Jason and I headed up to Atlanta this past week. I stayed behind in Atlanta to play with my new nephew Dawson and Jason headed on to Augusta for the Masters. As always we had a blast...it was fun to watch Kate and Bryce interact and play more together now that they are older. And Dawson is just adorable...weighing in at around 6 lbs he is the smallest, sweetest thing ever! But one of the cutest things for me was to see how interested Kate was in Dawson. Everything was "hi baby" and she would get up in the morning and run to his pack-n-play or swing and peer in looking for him. She was just so interested. I wasn't sure about this but I put Kate up on the couch and laid Dawson in her arms and she just sat there so still and would love on him and pat him. And now today while we are back home, all morning she has been asking about the baby!! Too bad that she is going to have to wait a little longer to get one of her own.


My brother is GREAT with kids - if you know my dad then you know where he gets it from. And for some reason Kate as a girl loves to wrestle and "rough house." So she had a blast in Atlanta with my brother because he is all about getting on the floor and rolling around with Kate and Bryce.
ps. I am still getting all the pictures together from my girls trip to LA last week and will post about it soon.

7 comments:

Whitlamy said...

she really was so precious with him. now, if we can just get bryce to half way acknowledge him, we'll be making some progress. so glad ya'll came. it's always fun to be with you guys.

G said...

I cannot believe yall sold your house in one week!!! What an ideal situation and HUGE blessing. I am sad we are no longer "neighbors" though!!! Where are on earth have yall relocated??

Great pics, Kate is adorable!!!

Do you think I'm bad? said...

what?!? you're leaving cahaba heights?? :( that makes me sad!

Shea and Jacob said...

Congrats on the new house! I had no idea! You need to call me and fill me in!!! Oh, and by the way....Kate is obviously fearless just like you so I hope you're ready for some broken bones, torn ligaments, stitches, etc.

Courtney said...

I heard about the new house! How awesome that you'll be in the old neighborhood!!! Now there shouldn't be any excuses for no game nights!!! :)

Abby Euten said...

Congrats on your new house, how exciting? Kate is beautiful, she looks SO much like you! Sweet that she was so precious and loving to Dawson...ya'll shouldn't make her wait too long for her own! ha ha!!

Kristina Brown said...

new house? call me!! we just talked to about this! kate is beautiful!