Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Kate's Baptism

This past Sunday at church Kate was baptized. It was a little overwhelming as Jason and I stood up there and vowed to raise Kate and teach her about the love of the Savior. But I have to remember that it is God that draws his children to himself and that it is only he who can save. It was also a beautiful picture of the Christian Family as we were able to stand alongside two families that day that are also in our small group. So it really meant something when we promised to walk alongside other Christian parents as we raise our children together. All in all it was a great day!



2 comments:

Whitlamy said...

I am going to Hancock Fabric tomorrow and can get you some of that fabric if you want. Let me know how much you want (it's $9 a yard...yikes). But, it's so cute, I splurged since I only needed about 1/2 yard. They also have a pink color madras. Let me know which you prefer and if you want me to get it.

Leslie Harwell said...

The baptism was so sweet. Would not have missed it for the world! What a special dress she had on that you smocked! Kate was beautiful! Also, I love the new pic at the top of your blog!!!