Monday, February 14, 2011

13.1 Miles


After running 13.1 miles yesterday I am more then pleased with my time!!!
2 hours 3 minutes 11 seconds
9:25/mile pace

My goals were to run the entire 13.1 miles and to finish with a pace under 10 minute/mile. I accomplished both!!

Lisa and I have been friends for over 25 years. So it was really fun when I talked her into training for a half marathon with me. However it ended up being that she was the motivator to keep going and actually reach this goal I had. So after training for months together and meeting at 6am in 20 degree weather we finally accomplished our goal yesterday at the Mercedes Half Marathon!

Lisa is a faster runner then I am but for whatever reason I was able to pick it up at the end of the half marathon and Lisa and I eneded up finishing together. It was fun to think that we trained all the this time together and then we got to finish together.

Jason, Kate, my parents, and my good friend Kristen came out to support me and it meant so much! It was an absolutely beautiful day and the race was so much fun that I am signing up for Nashville's Country Music Half Marathon in April!!

4 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

congrats girl! and you look FANTASTIC by the way!

Ashley said...

I see what happens when I don't show up to cheer you on...no shout out from you....it's ok but I'm pretty sure that filet mignon I cooked Friday night helped fuel you up right?!!!!!!!(: so proud of you!

Shea and Jacob said...

Wow! So proud of you! What an accomplishment!

Kimmie said...

way to go Laura!!!! can you wait to run the next one until after i have the baby so you can train me? ;)