Saturday, November 6, 2010

Runner's High


3 years ago when I began running I had what I like to call a 'runners high." I couldn't get enough of running and was really proud of what I was accomplishing. Well 3 years later and 2 babies later I have started running again and it has been hard and not as much fun. Thanks to my friend Lisa who drags me out for long runs on the weekend because I wouldn't do it myself.

However, today changed everything. I signed up for Vulcan which is a 10K (6.2 miles) and was somewhat excited about it but not sure how I would do. 3 years ago I was running over a 10 minute mile and today I averaged a 9:16 minute mile. Needless to say, I was super excited about my time and I think my "runners high" is back. I can't wait to get out there and keep increasing my mileage so that in February I can blog about how I finished a half marathon. (now we obviously have a ways to go to get to 13 miles but its a goal!)

I also completely forgot how fun it is to do these races. Everyone is pumped up, your adrenaline is going and its just a fun atmosphere. Definitely going to be signing up for more...only downfall is it is quite cold at 8am in the morning these days!
My official results:
Total Time 57:32
Average Time per Mile 9:16
Finished 54th in my age group out of 150
Finished 256th overall in the females
Finished 785th overall

1 comment:

The 6 W's said...

Are you doing the Disney half in February?? If so, I'll be there with a tiara on!! : )

Congrats on your run!