Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Whit and Kate update

This little man is a right over 5 months old which I can hardly believe. You totally forget how fast they grow up. Watching Whit reach for toys and just be completely aware of his surroundings makes me realize that he isn't a little baby anymore. He is sleeping great from 7pm until 5am. I am trying to get him to sleep until 6, as 5 is just a little too early to be getting up around here! I am just waiting for a tooth to appear in his mouth as he drools and chews on whatever he can get his mouth on. Yesterday he attacked my cheek and tried to chew on my face!! He is still just a sweet, content baby whose laugh and smile just melt my heart.
Some positive news with Kate is that we are COMPLETELY potty trained now. For those of you who have not been on this journey with us, Kate started potty training last November and started tee-teeing on the potty with almost no accidents ever. Pooping was taking a little longer and then basically for the next year we had some success but mostly failure when it came to pooping in the potty. We did everything from rewards, to discipline to ignoring it and nothing worked. Everyone said that one day it would just click and she would start pooping in the potty. Well I am happy to say that after 11 months the light switch has flipped and for whatever reason Kate goes to the potty all by herself to poop and doesn't have any accidents anymore! I am thrilled to not be buying pull ups anymore and to not be cleaning poop out of panties!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Hey Laura!
Your kids are adorable! How are you guys? I think I remember that you sew & I'm involved with a new sewing group that works on projects for charities called Sewing Hope. Would you be interested in helping out? I know you must be crazy busy with those two precious kids, but let me know if you are interested. The website is www.imsewinghope.blogspot.com Thanks!