Thursday, September 9, 2010

We Have a Whopper!

We went for Whit's 4 month doctor's appointment yesterday....He is a whopping 17 pounds!!!
I mean seriously, Kate barely weighed that at a year old! He was also 24 inches long. Both of those put him in the 90th percentile. Dr. Smith predicted that Whit would walk before Kate since he said that his muscle control in his legs was "impressive" at 4 months. So we will see if he is correct...Kate walked at 11 months and not sure I will be ready for another to be off and running any sooner.


Kate's first day of preschool was yesterday too. This year we can do carpool and I asked her if she would rather me walk her into her classroom on the first day and she replied, "Mommy I a big girl and I walk in all by meeself." So off she went to school and loved every minute of it! We are thankful for God's House Kindergarden and their precious teachers.

5 comments:

Deb said...

sweet boy! he's doing so good!! we go in for Tripp's 4 month check up tomorrow. I'm really excited to see how he's doing. Like Whit, he's also a sweet little chunker. :) Kate is looking like such a big girl. Her dress is super cute too. Did you do the smocking or did you do the whole dress. If you did the dress, you have some instructing to teach me. :) So good seeing you last weekend!

Ashley said...

Dear Whit,
I'm jealous.
Love, Ryder

Amy said...

Dear Whit,
I'm jealous, too.
Love, Dawson

The Patterson Family said...

Laura, your kids are too cute! It was great to see you at the gym this morning. I think I may be sore...but that's a good thing, right?!?

Amy said...

I went back and looked at our small giant (Bryce) just to see how big he was. Remember how ya'll made fun of him for being so big? Here's what he was at 4 months old:

Weight - 17.7 lbs. (90%)
Height - 26.5 inches (93%)
Head - 17.25 inches (87%)

So, now you've got a mini giant!!