Friday, April 9, 2010

A Dose of Reality

I realize that when we are all posting on our blogs that we want to share the cute pictures of our families/children and share about all the fun stuff we all have going on. I am the same way but let me be the first to tell you although this blog shows our life it doesn't show all of it! So for a little dose of reality let me tell you what I am learning these days. First, I have never felt the need for wisdom but I find myself daily asking the Lord to give me wisdom when it comes to raising Kate. It is unfortunate but it took having a child to make me realize my desperate need for the Lord. Kate is the one thing in my life that I can't control and I struggle with that. I struggle with my anger most of all right now as Kate thinks its hilarious while she is disobeying...and all I want to do is get my hands on her and spank that grin right off her face. So then like in marriage the Lord is constantly showing me my sinfulness as having a child is surely bringing out the best and worst in me! I am thankful for God's grace today as I embark on another day of raising Kate. But for your enjoyment here are some pictures of her the other day when she had a complete come apart because I wouldn't carry her inside the house and made her walk like a big girl all by herself.



4 comments:

Marianna said...

Oh, I totally get it! It is SO hard and although I know it is worth it, being a parent, I struggle so much with how to discipline, what to discipline for and what to ignore. I've got a strong-willed one and she's giving me fits and sometimes the guilt of "am I raising her well" keeps me up at night. I believe if we do "the best we can" then God will take care of us and show us the way. It's nice to have mommy friend to share with so we know we are not alone! :)

Heath and Nikki said...

Looks sooooo familiar. We have the same battles :) I keep telling my self that the strong will will be helpful one day when she has to resist big temptations. I pray all of the time that God would show me how to deal with her heart and not just actions. It's just SO hard :) Hang in there....you are not alone :)

Kelsi Whitehorn said...

Oh goodness Laura...those pictures are too funny! Kate is just precious. I love reading about you and your family. It's wonderful to be able to watch you and my sister raise families....that means one day I'll be able to get some good advice. : ) Hope you're all doing good!

Anonymous said...

nice knickers Kate get those little legs spread