Thursday, April 1, 2010

'da Beach

Kate and I took an impromptu trip to the beach this past week and our friends Katie and Campbell Compton came along with us. The weather was quite windy and chilly the first day but we could not have asked for better weather the next two days. The girls were so excited about the beach and playing in the sand...whenever you asked Kate where we were going she would yell out "da beach!" The trip down and back with two toddlers was not all that bad except for the fact that they are both potty trained so we made many visits to the side of the road to let them potty!! (for those of you traveling with small ones a little potty for the car is a MUST!)

Kate would stop everyday and take her shoes off before she hit the sand.

It was quite chilly the first day but Kate and Campbell were totally unfazed and had a big time playing in the sand...we were literally the only people on the beach that morning. I turned 29 while down at the beach. To celebrate, on my birthday we woke up and went to the Doughnut Hole for breakfast. I can promise you that Kate and Campbell were way more excited about me having a birthday than I was because it meant fun and treats for them all day long!
I got lots of birthday hugs from Kate. She was quite the sweetie to me on my birthday!
I know you all know that I love to cut Kate's hair. But lately she won't wear bows and hardly little clips at the moment so I have been trying to let it grow so that I can pull it out of her face. This week she let me put her hair in pigtails or as she likes to say "two ponytails." I could have just eaten her up I thought she looked so cute!
I am not sure what happened but somewhere between potty training and always asking Kate if she was dry and just the sole fact that Kate is not crazy about when her shirt or outfit gets wet in general she has developed a weird obsession. She was having a really hard time with the fact that her bathing suit was "all wet" when she got in the pool. Solution, take the bathing suit off. But she hated the swim diaper too (but I was too afraid of pooping accidents in the pool so we are still going to use it for now). However, the next day she just sat at the edge of the pool and played and would not get in. So I am not sure how we are going to fix this one!We went to Baytown to for dinner one night and the girls had a blast.
Baytown has a great playground there that we let the girls play on for a while.

One night we went to Dippin Dots. I am obsessed and of course Kate and Campbell didn't argue with the fact that I wanted ice cream.
Shea, this chair is a huge hit. Kate has been sitting in it for the past year all over our house so she was more than thrilled to finally get back to the beach and be able to use it!
I realize that you are probably wondering where Katie is? We realized that we had tons of pictures of our kids and them together but didn't have any of the four of us. We did finally get a few but they are actually all on her camera so I will have to update this post when she emails me some. But overall I had a great birthday and survived the beach at 34 weeks pregnant with a 2.5 year old and I even got a lot of sunshine which makes me very happy!

3 comments:

Marianna said...

Laura, You look GREAT! And I LOVE the "two ponytails"!

Shea and Jacob said...

I'm so glad she likes her chair! I've been thinking I need to order one for Kinley too since we plan on spending lots of time down at the beach this summer!

Ashley said...

a. you look great in the maternity bathing suit
b. LOVE Kate's pigtails
c. seeing her in that CUTE bathing suit makes me want a little girl
d. toddlers look like a lot of fun but a lot of trouble!
e. I'm so sad that I wasn't able to make the trip with y'all!