Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Potty Training

That's right, I pulled the cord and this crazy kid went straight to big girl panties today. I must say that putting a kid on the potty every 10-15 minutes makes the day go by VERY slow but we are having great success. I knew Kate was pretty much ready but I was still taking a risk. However, all morning she has told me that she needed to potty and I haven't even really had to ask or make her go. And besides first thing in the morning where she straight up tee-teed all over herself when we first put her big girl panties on, we haven't had anymore real accidents. We have changed her panties a few time because she will start to go and realize it then she will run herself to the potty to finish. So after our first 6 hours of potty training we are having great success but it is going to be a long next few days!! I will have to keep you posted.


Update on baby: went to the doctor yesterday and heard a good heartbeat! we will find out next time what we are having! I know everyone says it is because it is my second baby but I am only 14 weeks pregnant but look 20 weeks. And because I have lost so much weight from being sick I know its baby related what is sticking out from me but seriously, isn't it just a little too early still??

7 comments:

Jennifer Whitlark said...

You go Kate!!!! I think she will do great, especially with as long as she has been asking to use the potty. You will have to share your tips when the time comes for us.
By the way, you need to take some belly pics. Those of us in TX can't see you in person, so you have to do the next best thing and snap some photos.

The Patterson Family said...

Good luck, Laura! Skipping pullups is the way to go! We did the same thing. It sounds like she is doing great! It will be well worth your trouble!

Marianna said...

Going straight to panties is the way to do it! Pull ups are too much like diapers. Hang in there - it will be SO nice to have her out of diapers! It is exhausting at first and you think: "diapers are easier!" It is very nice when you get to the point of very little or no accidents! Congrats on the new baby!! Can't wait to find out what you are having!

Whitlamy said...

I felt twice as large with D as I did with Bryce. It's crazy, isn't it. GOOD JOB on PT. We're far from even trying that. I imagine it will be a nightmare since Bryce shows no interest whatsoever in the potty (except for throwing lambchop in it).

Ashley said...

glad your appt went well!! can't wait to see what this little munchkin is!
and yay for Kate! hope your week goes by fast!(:

Abby Euten said...

Potty training is SO much easier when they are "ready". And, straight to panties is the way to go!!! Yay Kate:)

Abigail Avery said...

Congrats on making the big move to panties! I can't wait to hear about it. We're on the verge of introducing our own Princess Panties!!! Good Luck to y'all!! And I can't wait to find out what your next one is!