Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Time Out

We have started trying to do "time out" with Kate recently. We have the lure of Lucy's water bowl and food that we deal with and even though we do spank, I try to only spank Kate when she is doing something that will hurt her. Now, every time I catch her in Lucy's food or water bowl we go to time out. Sometimes she goes crying, sometimes she goes with no whimper at all. Tonight was hilarious though. I turned around to see Kate in Lucy's food and I stood up and asked "Kate Brantley, are we supposed to be playing in Lucy's food?" Kate quietly said "no" and then she walked right around the corner to her time out spot and just stood there. Jason and I were cracking up (silently of course)!! But it is so funny to watch her stand there with her nose in the corner. If she isn't crying then sometimes I find her kissing and licking the wall. To be honest, I am not sure that time out is working now that I think about it!

1 comment:

kristen elaine said...

Laura, that's so funny! She is so sweet, I would have had to laugh today too!