Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Time!!!!

I love Christmas time!!! Too bad that I have to wait until Thursday to decorate and get a tree. Jason is out of town right now and I need his muscles for the heavy lifting of decorations down out of his parents attic.

I smocked Kate a dress for Christmas and made one other outfit for the holiday season. However, I really can't stand to sew something that she can only wear for 25 days, so below you will find the solution to my problem!


Kate is saying "hi" to everyone here...we are mid-wave.

and below is my solution...I appliqued the lining before I sewed it all together and all I have to do is sew the buttons on the reverse side after Christmas and she can wear this dress.


Kate's vocabulary consists of one word..."hi!" She is very friendly, repeating "hi" to everyone in Target, Paper Works Outlet, Publix, etc. She does make noises of animals and such but below is a video of her telling you all hello and of her newly learned noise taught to her by her Mimi (my mom).

6 comments:

Whitlamy said...

As you know, I think her Christmas dress is absolutely adorable. I LOVE IT. Too bad it wouldn't look good on Bryce ;)

Jennifer Whitlark said...

I LOVE her reaction to a mouse!!! That is stinkin' hilarious.

Ashley said...

she get's cuter every day Laura!!! I just could eat her up!

JJ said...

Awesome dress!! She is so cute!

Suzanna said...

Laura, Amy told me to come look at Kate's dress. WOW--that is so cute. And how resourceful to make it reversible! I'm am so impressed with your sewing!!

By the way, I didn't realize it until I was looking through pictures on your blog just now, but I think Kate and Bryce look a lot alike.

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh! I just want to eat her up! She is so adorable! You're gonna have to give me some sewing lessons!