Thursday, June 12, 2008

Key Largo


Where do I even begin? We just got back from a wonderful and very relaxing vacation and we even had Kate with us! Beth and Jeff Boyer and ourselves traveled down to Key Largo for the week and had a blast. First let me give you a little background so you will better understand our trip. Nine years ago Beth's uncle, David moved to Key Largo. The house he bought is one of three homes on this absolutely beautiful property that Romi and David Harum developed (pictured in a bit with Kate). The third house belongs to Alan who was a fighter pilot with Beth's uncle, David. What really makes being down there fun is that it is like a big family. We actually stayed in the bottom of Romi and David Harum's home. It was a perfect set up because even while Kate napped we just set up a monitor and were still able to spend time outside. We have been traveling down there to visit for the past nine years. We have so many great memories there and this trip was great because we were able to make new ones with Kate.

So let the trip begin! Kate did really well on all the flights. Not a lot of crying but she was EVERYWHERE and into EVERYTHING! It was funny because the first thing she grabbed when on the plane was the throw up bag! Luckily we had no need for it. While on the plane Kate made many friends. She constantly wanted to lean into the aisle and smile at everyone or look over the seats at everyone behind her. I am just glad everyone thought she was so cute because a lot of people hate being on airplanes with kids.

Jeff, Beth, myself and Jason one night after eating an amazing lobster dinner! The lobster was caught by Romi Harum and they were no small lobster either!
Here is Romi and David Harum with Kate. Kate just loved them! The Harum's are wonderful people and are like family. They are very gracious and generous and so much fun. David is an amazing architect...I wish I could show you some homes he has done, you would be blown away. And like I said above, Romi still goes lobstering and caught all the lobster we at for dinner that night.
It is soooo beautiful down there! Here are just some pictures of Kate and her playing in the water.

Kate kept pulling her hat off but the sun was so bright and hot that she really needed something to shade her little face and head. So Alan's girlfriend Ileana took her and came back with this bandanna on her head. It was actually a perfect solution and I thought she looked really cute. We set up Kate's little high chair outside on the patio and that is where she ate all of her meals!
Ileana played with Kate in the water hose and she LOVED it.
One night Alan and Ileana offered to watch Kate and let us go out to dinner. So Jeff, Beth, Jason and I gladly accepted a nice night out to dinner without a baby. We ate at this restaurant where you can sit and eat on the beach and watch the sunset! We had a wonderful time out. When we got back that night we found out that really Kate had the most fun. Alan, Ileana, Uncle David and Romi all were out playing with her and dancing with her...I wish I had pictures because it sounded like Kate really had a great time.

We are home now and missing Key Largo!!!!

9 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

Looks like paradise! LOVE the bandana picture - too cute!

Abby Euten said...

How wonderful, what a trip!! Love the bandana picture myself, she looks like such a big girl on the float!

elizabeth said...

what a fun trip!!! i am loving kate sporting the bandana! she is precious and getting so old.

Whitlamy said...

Well, poor you guys. Sounds miserable!! I love the bandana. See ya'll this weekend.

Ashley said...

y'all are back! so glad y'all had a wonderful time! Kate is adorable! I miss you!! come see us at pepper place this saturday!

Deb said...

Sooooooooooooo Fun!!!! I'm so glad ya'll had such a great trip! I love all the pics too! I'm not going to lie though...I'm really glad to have you back!

Unknown said...

Cute pics!! Looks like ya'll had a great time!! Kate is precious

Courtney said...

So precious!!!!! I'm glad you guys had a good trip. I love the bandana- too cute!

Leslie Harwell said...

I love the bandana picture. I am so glad you all had fun. We had a blast on our trip out west. Missed you! Hope to see you soon!