Monday, May 12, 2008

My First Time Away From Kate

Well, it was my first weekend away from Kate. Jason and I traveled to Oxford, Mississippi to celebrate his sister, Bry's graduation. We had an absolute blast. I tried unsuccessfully to act like a college student again. Late nights just aren't my thing anymore. We ate a ton of great food and had the best time with Jason's family and all of Bry's friends and their families. Even though I was really fine the whole time without Kate I couldn't wait to get home on Sunday to see her...it made for a sweet Mother's Day to finally see my little girl after 2 days away.
Here I am with Bry before we hit the town the first night.
Here is Jason with his family the day of Bry's graduation from Ole Miss.
While Jason and I were in Oxford, Kate spent the weekend with my parents (Mimi and Pop). I know she had a blast and was probably not very excited to see us because she was having to leave two straight days of constant attention from her Mimi and Pop! Thanks again mom and dad, we really appreciate yall! Here is Kate and Pop feeding the geese in the neighborhood.

And Kate got to go on a walk in the evening with her Pop.
My parents made sure to keep Kate informed about the presidential election and other current affairs. Kate also got in some weight lifting. She could use a little muscle to help fill in those rolls!
In all it was a great weekend. Jason and I had a lot of fun together in Oxford and Kate was spoiled rotten by her Mimi and Pop so you know she had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Whitlamy said...

Bry makes you look like your albino. I'd hate to see what I would look like next to her since you look quite tan next to me. Bry's beautiful and congrats on her graduating!! Glad ya'll had fun.

Jennifer Whitlark said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day!