Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Here is why...

For those of you who check here frequently, I am sorry that I have not been faithful in posting. I have been spending most of my free time sewing! Most of you know that I am learning to smock, but for it to be cost effective I need to learn how to sew the smocked dresses. I was told that in order to sew a smocked dress I would need to learn how to sew an easy pattern thus the beginning of a new hobby. Sewing little girl dresses is so very easy (I promise if I can do it then you can too). Here are the first two dresses I made. My friend Deb has been helping me and she is the most patient and awesome teacher! This is the second dress I made...
... its reversible!!!!
And here is the latest dress I made. The flower was a little tricky but not too hard.
Next on my agenda for sewing is to learn how to make little pants and bloomers.

6 comments:

Whitlamy said...

These are adorable!!!!!!!!!! How do you do the stitching in the K and flower? Do tell!!!

elizabeth said...

I am so very impressed!!!
I will let you know when I have a girl and then you can pass your talent along! Id love to learn. I bet John Johns for boys are not very difficult. Maybe I could do that for Dave in the meantime.
Regardless, very cute!!!

JJ said...

Great job! Isn't smocking so much fun?

Knierim said...

I'm so jealous and impressed that you can sew. The dresses are so cute!!

Ashley said...

Laura Brantley.. I am highly impressed!!!! Deb was telling me how great you are doing and how quickly you picked it up.. so fun!! Kate is going to be a knock-out in those!(: Maybe one day if I have more than an hour of free time a day then I will try something like that! I'm jealous!(:

Leslie Harwell said...

Laura, what an awesome job! Kate is going to be so so cute in those sweet dresses. I hope to follow in your footsteps and be able to do cute dresses like you did. Keep it up! You are awesome!