Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Rain Boots, New Toys, Ballet, and Cereal

Look at this cute face! He just brightens my day.

Anyone who has been around Kate where there is water knows that she freaks out if her shoes get wet. Well, we were in Walmart the other day and saw rain boots on clearance and a tinkerbell umbrella...we had a long talk about how her rain boots could get wet and the umbrella would help her body stay dry when it was raining. Then she began insisting on these things and I told her that if I bought these and I still heard her wine about her shoes being wet that I was going to freak out! Behold, the rain boots and umbrella have been a huge hit and she even walks in the wet grass with them!
I am sure all of you with older children experience this too...but everytime we pull out a new baby toy for Whit, Kate feels the need to try it out as well.

Here is Whit finally getting to enjoy the exersaucer. He loves it!

Kate is going to be taking ballet this year at her preschool. I happened to buy a leotard at a consignment sale this past spring which is now obviously going to come in very handy. Well after signing her up for ballet today we went home and tried on the leotard and now Kate won't take it off. She is very excited about taking ballet. I taught her some moves, however since I never took ballet I probably taught her all wrong and her teacher is going to wonder where Kate got all her crazy moves from!

This little booger is probably over 15 pounds now. However, he doesn't sleep throught the night consistently at all. The doctor said since he was so close to 4 months to start cereal at night and see if that helps. Whit actually loves the oatmeal and pears that I have been giving him and he is going longer at night now. I just can't wait until he sleeps from 7pm to 7am. When does that happen again?

3 comments:

Whitlamy said...

6.5 - 7 months for us, girlfriend!! I bet you're on the verge. Hang in there. Being tired is the worst part about a newborn.

Shea and Jacob said...

7am to 7pm?? That has NEVER happened at our house! I'm thankful for 10:00pm to 7:00am! And we didn't even get that until 9 months. Seriously, Whit is so cute! I could just eat him up!

Sandy P said...

I agree with Shea, I don't think any of my 3 have slept 7-7 without waking. Ellie will go 11 hours without eating, but only if she is completely swaddled. We have not tried food yet. I am waiting until we get back from the beach so I don't have to take it all with me.
Both of your are very cute!