Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Oh the Joys of Children

Someone please tell me that I will survive the toddler phase. I am finding myself on my knees before the Lord in complete desperation much more these days!
This sweet face is a joy. I realize that he too will test my limits one day but right now he is just about the sweetest thing and I am thankful for how easy he is.We got to have some adult fun the other day. Some friends of ours bought over 100 feet of plastic tarp and created a super fun slip n slide. I have some great video of it but my computer won't cooperate enough to let me load it on here.
Last week my entire family was in town which meant all the cousins were here. Bryce, Hannah and Kate were really fun to watch. Now that they are older they interact and play with each other so much more and it is just sweet to watch them love each other. Hannah and Kate were attached at the hip by the end of the week after Bryce had to go back to Atlanta. The morning that they were leaving I asked Kate if she wanted to go on a walk with me and she replied with "mommy I can't, I waiting on Pop and Hannah to come get me." So needless to say she was very disappointed to find out Hannah wasn't coming to play again and was headed back to Texas.
My dad is extremely great with kids. Here is one reason why...who else thinks to throw the kids in a wheelbarrow and roll them around? Hannah and Kate couldn't get enough of this.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

so sad we missed yall the other day!! hopefully i will see you all soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of cousins. These pictures remind me of my children playing with their cousins. Laura, please tell Michael and Amy I would like to visit their blog but can't get in because I don't have a google account. If they need my email its mevans@lakesidebaptist.com. Also, tell your Dad he's a great granddaddy. Hug your kids today.

Melanie said...

Laura, you will get through the toddler stage I promise. When you are having tough times just remeber my mom basically had 4 toddler girls at one time!!! I have three older sisters and we are all two years apart. Dad worked a lot so mom was mostly on her own! She is wonderwoman!!! Just know that she will grow out of it...who am I to tell you anything....I don't even have a baby yet :) Love you and miss you!!!