Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A New Low

You know how people tell you that when you have a baby you lose all modesty? Well I experienced a new level of that this past week. A bunch of girls and I met at the pool with our kiddos. As you know from previous posts Kate is not fond of getting her bathing suit wet so I just knew that she would want to only play on the steps of the pool all day. I had just gotten this really cute bathing suit cover up for myself at Target and was very excited about wearing it and realizing that Kate wouldn't be getting in the water I decided to wear my two piece bathing suit under the cover up. Now I don't wear two piece bathing suits anymore period so the fact that I even still have one is rare.

Now let me get you to the pool. We get there and Kate is playing great on the steps and I am sitting on the side soaking up the sun wearing the cutest bathing suit cover up! Then I notice that Kate is asking complete strangers to take her out into the water! I tried to get her to just keep playing on the steps but, no, she wanted to "swim!" My child who has been freaking out when she gets wet now wants to submerge herself in the water and swim. That is when I realize that my life was coming to a new low. THREE WEEKS after giving birth to a baby I was in a two piece bathing suit swimming with my child.

I mean, I have lost all shame at this point!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

hahaha!!! Just when you think you have your kids figured out! I'm laughing with you ... not at you! You're a better mom than me ... I think I would probably let the total strangers take my child out swimming :)

Amy said...

Hilarious! Bryce told me the other day that my belly felt like play-dough--nice!

Sandy P said...

At least you have a reason for looking less than perfect. I see some people wearing 2 pieces that should have stopped years ago!

Lauren said...

You lost all shame years ago, but that's stinkin funny!

The Alsobrook Family said...

Where are the pics to go along with this post!?!?!?! HA! I feel your pain! Loves!

Andrea said...

That is absolutely hilarious!