Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Showers, Deck, Playing Outside, and Pregnancy

A lot of you know that I am still really good friends with girls I have know since Middle School. There are five of us pregnant together right now...3 of us are having baby #2 and 2 of us are having baby #3. This past weekend we all got together for a little shower for Lindsey, Jamie and I who are having our second baby. It was a great time and I am so grateful for these girls.
Meredith, Lisa, Me, Lindsey, Jamie
It took me about a year of marriage to trust Jason when he said that he could build/repair things in our home. His carpentry skills have come in very handy these past 6.5 years and now he is really getting to use them. He and his good friend Tom are building a new deck on the back of our house. I think it turned out to be a bigger project then the boys thought but it looks really good and is really coming along. Just a few more vital things like a railing down the stairs and some steps at the bottom and they will be done!
We got outside the other day to play some and I just thought it was so cute that Kate was very insistent about wearing her hat. Of course I thought that she looked really cute, so here are some pictures.
I am 26 weeks pregnant this week. I definitely enjoy this half of pregnancy more than the first half but I am starting to really feel pregnant. When I was pregnant with Kate it was mostly during the summer months. I am probably one of the few people who felt really pretty during pregnancy. I have now decided that was because I was tan. Now that I am expanding with Whit and it is cold and I am ghostly pale, the same self confidence isn't there. It is amazing how a little sun kissed cheek really makes you feel better about yourself. Oh well. Kate is always asking to meet baby Whit and I have tried to explain to her that he has to grow big and strong in mommy's belly before he can come out and meet her. This satisfies her for now but I am sure for a 2.5 year old it will be a long 3 months before she actually gets to meet her baby brother.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

i feel ya on the tan thing....because of that "sun kissed look" I looked better in the pics the day after I gave birth than I do now(even though I'm 30 lbs smaller!) It's amazing what the sun will do! ha! But I think you look beautiful...seriously...loving the maternity wardrobe with the dresses and boots and all..your lookin' hot!
can't wait to have LG on the deck this spring!(:

Leslie Harwell said...

Wow, tell Jason, awesome job! It is really coming along. Can ours be next? (: That is so fun that yall are all pregnant at the same time. Much more fun with a friend, you have someone to complain with. The first pic of Kate on trampoline - Precious and she looks so much older.