Friday, August 21, 2009

Back to the Beach

So Jason, Kate and I took off for the beach last Sunday. Yes, we drove down during the tropical storm! We didn't hit any bad weather until we literally drove into Destin. I wish I had taken a picture that night because the wind was pretty amazing the way the waves were almost going sideways! Anyway, we had a great week together for some much needed family time. We are just so busy and with Jason traveling a lot with work we just forget what its like to spend a whole week together as a family uninterupted by life!
Kate loved jumping up and down in the waves with Jason. It was really sweet to watch the pure joy and laughter.

Jason was wonderful always letting me go out to the beach while he stayed in while Kate napped. Thanks to my friend Kristen Sweet who loaned my her Twilights books. I read over 500 pages in less than 3 days - a record I am sure. But now I am totally addicted and have to read the rest now. Jason also reigned in Kate during the day and allowed me to do some sewing. I needed a little tote bag for her at God's House and made this one below. I am not going to hide my pride. I saw one I liked and then made this one without any pattern and I think it turned out really cute!

No comments: