Thursday, April 30, 2009

Destin, Florida

Kate and I just got back from a few days at the beach. My friend Lauren, who is 31 weeks pregnant, went down with us for a nice little girls trip. Lauren got a nice little glimpse into what her life is going to be like in a year chasing after a toddler!! Kate hadn't been to the beach since last summer and I wasn't sure how she would react to the ocean. She gripped my neck for dear life for over an hour and wanted nothing to do with the sand or the water. But after about an hour it was like someone flipped the switch and all of the sudden she was running around and rolling in the sand and I couldn't get her out of the water. Needless to say after three days at the beach I am glad to be home as I am exhausted. Kate took 3.5 hour naps everyday which was amazing!! And of course after only three days and 50 SPF sunscreen, Kate is nice and brown and I am still white!




6 comments:

Whitlamy said...

Very fun!

Abby Euten said...

I can't believe how old she looks! She's absolutely beautiful!!

Ashley said...

wish I had been able to make it!!! PROMISE we'll do it again soon?(:

Shea and Jacob said...

Kate really does look so much older in those pictures! She doesn't even have her toddler belly anymore! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Leslie Harwell said...

Sweet pictures Laura! I am praying that M and B like the sand and water. You never know with children.

Lauren W. said...

These are so cute Laura! She is getting so big. We need to get the girls together to play soon.