Thursday, January 15, 2009

First Home Sewing Project

I made curtains!!! The whole reason I ever wanted to learn to sew was to make things for my home, however, it took having a little girl to actually get me into sewing finally. But a year after I started sewing I have now undertaken the task of making some drapes for our bedroom.

First of all let me tell you that sewing for Kate is easier then sewing these drapes. I realize all I did was sew a rectangle together and tie it up. You are just dealing with so much more fabric and cutting a straight line...well straight is completely relative!! I have also never been so nervous sewing a straight line before. I was just worried about doing something wrong and then could you imagine having to rip out all those stitches?
I turned the kitchen into my sewing room for this project. With so much more fabric being used it was nice to have the extra room.

And wha-la....here are our new drapes in our room. (thank you Kimmie for the inspiration and idea from little Isaac's room)

Keep scrolling to hear Kate's new parting words!!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

nice job Laura!! they look great! and I LOVED the video of Kate... too cute!

Wilson's Winners said...

You are So stinkin' talented!

Kimmie said...

LOVE IT!! :)

Anonymous said...

You go! I'm so impressed but not surprised.

Leslie Harwell said...

So cool Laura! I have been saying I need to attempt a home project - maybe I will try it now (well maybe in a few months). It looks great!!