Friday, August 22, 2008

The Faces of Kate These Days


We are going through a very fun stage right now of seperation anxiety. Someone please tell me that this too is only a phase! Kate has alwyas loved everyone and been great whenever we would leave her somewhere...well things have changed. When we were in Texas I couldn't even leave the room without Kate having a meltdown and the poor Brantley's had to listen to her cry all last night while I was out with girlfriends. This morning when I went to pick up some sewing stuff from a friend, Kate flipped out when I tried to put her down. Now, I am all for letting her cry at home but I tend to give in a little when we are out in public. But it is getting so bad that I am about to just let her wail no matter what, this is starting to get ridiculous. Any pointers from those of you that are pros??


Here are some pictures of the past week or so. Don't let this cute face fool you. She can turn the tears on as fast as she can turn them off and within seconds be cracking smiles and laughing.
Kate playing at the spray park...she went right in with all her clothes on.
Afterwards we went to the swings which is always a big hit with Kate.
Kate got some babydolls for her birthday and she hardly ever puts them down.

Shea gave Kate this purse and it is so fun to watch her play with it. She really loves the car keys and the lipstick that came in the purse! Great gift Shea...thanks!

While we were in Texas, Kate loved playing with Molly. She would constantly go up to her and try to wrestle with her and love on her.

We have been spending a lot more time outside lately. Kate loves the freedom to run around where she wants and she is happy while doing it!

If only this sweet face wasn't so few and far between these days!

5 comments:

Whitlamy said...

You remember our phase of that. Luckily it was only a couple of weeks for us, but it was a painful couple of weeks. What really cracks me up is thinking of Kate screaming bloody murder and watching crocodile tears stream down her face and literally THE second you pick her up, she stops. Now *that* is funny!! You need to get it on video. Hang in there. Remember, everything is a phase and this too shall pass!!

Wilson's Winners said...

I went through this with Stirling and it was horrible. But like all phases it will pass - just think one day soon she won't want you to pick her up! It was sweet the first few times and then got annoying. I began to give her the blankie she sleeps with to cling to instead of me....if you have something like that - try it. Good luck!!!

Leslie Harwell said...

I love her new little white shoes. I like having nice white shoes that you can use all the time! Yeah, Brooks just went thru that stage and it only lasted a month or so but who knows if we will go back there. It should go away soon.

nhg said...

Good luck with the separation stuff- my neighbor has to pee with her 4 yr old on her lap...

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura, I love the picture of Kate in the sail boat dress with her purse. Shea and I do good with gifts huh?:) Just ignore her and let her cry when you can she will outgrow this phase.