Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Fun

First let me say that today I realized that Memorial Day to me means an extra day off work or a three day vacation but to so many others it is a day to remember their loved ones who fought and served our country. So I want to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU to those who serve and to the families who support and stand behind them.

This weekend we went down to the River. The Eastis Family is like my second family. Beth is one of my best friends and her parents and her extended family are like my own. They have a place at the Warrior River and we used to spend every extra second we had down there in college. You never go down there without enjoying GREAT food and fellowship - I have so many wonderful memories from this place. Today we took Kate down to the river for the first time.

It was a beautiful day but I think the sound of the motor and the refreshing breeze put Kate to sleep on her first boat ride!
Here is my sweet friend Beth holding Kate.
And here is her Dad, Jack, with Kate. Jack can cook up some mean BBQ.
We had such a wonderful day and can't wait to go down there again with Kate. In a few more years she will be able to learn how to ski herself.

Update about Kate:
She is standing really well by herself! Just in a few days she has gotten really good where she will be standing on her own and then rebalances herself and remain standing. Its so fun to see her grow and develop into a little person. Below is a video I tried to get of her doing this.

*does anyone know how to flip a video? or can I not video long ways anymore?

5 comments:

Whitlamy said...

You can flip a video in Movie Maker which comes on most computers. Otherwise, just don't turn your camera "long ways" anymore.

Whitlamy said...

Oh, and one more thing...just remember to remain humble when Kate walks before Bryce and earlier than Hannah did!!!! Kidding (sort of..ha!!). In all seriousness, that's awesome that she's standing so well by herself.

Leslie Harwell said...

So glad the river was fun. Yes, I am sure with the two of you being her parents, she will ski by the age of 4 or 5. Hope to see you soon!

Sandy P said...

I love her flotation device. My dad has a boat, so my kids have both started boating when they were a few months old. But, we always have the big life vest with the head support. They might have enjoyed it more with a smaller device!

Whitlamy said...

Hey...what's that email address for those band things?