Tuesday, May 20, 2008

At the Beach With A 9 Month Old

Kate and I are down in Destin again and this time we are with my sister-n-law Amy and my nephew Bryce. We had a very easy trip down (we drove at night while both kiddos were sleeping) and we have been having a blast at the beach. You will have to check out Amy's blog to hear the jackhammering that was going on in the condo RIGHT ABOVE us...thankfully that is all done with. Out of all the condos that could be undergoing construction it had to be the one above a condo with two kids under the age of one that NEED their naps!

My friend Shea gave me the great idea of getting a baby pool for the Kate and Bryce to play in while at the beach. It keeps them occupied and having fun without crawling everywhere in the sand. Kate played like this for hours the first day. The second day she was much more interested in what was outside the baby pool. Here she is sitting and playing nicely in the pool.


Then Kate found the sand and it was all over with.

So why not? I just took her out and let her have at it. She was covered in sand and she ate the sand...yuck! But she was having a blast.Now that she is crawling and pulling up she is everywhere. She has also been standing a lot on her own these past few days which is super exciting!Then the sweetest was when she fell asleep on my chest out at the beach. And for the first time in two days I was actually able to just sit and enjoy the beach!!!!!

I am going to have a post of picture of Kate in her diaper to show you her tan. Her little arms and legs are brown and her creases are stark white...its pretty funny. I am putting 50 SPF on her and reapplying it and she is MUCH more tan now then I will probably be all summer. Its really quite depressing actually that my 9 month child has a better tan than me!!

2 comments:

Leslie Harwell said...

So much fun! I wish I was there. The sand pics are cute. I cant wait to take Brooks to the beach and see what he does. That stinks about the noise in the condo above (I heard it on Amy's blog).

Wilson's Winners said...

Can't wait to see more pics:) The baby pool is a great idea!