Sunday, February 24, 2008

I realize I have a problem

Okay, so by now you know that I am obsessed with sewing. I got to spend all day Saturday sewing with a good family friend, Mrs. Burkhardt. She has been sewing for years and has so many fun machines and gadgets and just the cutest patterns. She was so gracious and taught me so many great things to help improve my sewing and embellished some of my outfits while I was there. Here are pictures of all the cute things we did. (and not only was Saturday great because I got to sew with a master sewer but I also spent the whole day away from Kate - which was sad but great all at the same time).

This is a little sear sucker outfit - I learned how line a top and to do a ruffle which I was very excited about. I still have to make the bloomers but I wanted to show the top because I think it is so cute.
I can't wait for football season this year and to dress Kate up for the football games!
Are these onesies not the cutest thing? Mrs. Burkhardt has an embroidery machine that is amazing to watch.
I am borrowing a pleater and learned how to pleat a bishop dress! Now I can pleat, smock and sew the dress!!! Mission accomplished.
Here is Kate in one of the dresses I made.

5 comments:

GatorGirlintheCity said...

I think it is wonderful! I grew up with lots of lovely handmade items from my mom. Even in high school, she made my homecoming and prom dresses! And now she made the flower girl dresses and my veil! So keep on sewing!!

Also here is my wedding blog

http://thefuturemrsb.blogspot.com

Love from Florida, Natalie

Leslie Harwell said...

Laura, I am so proud of you! I cant wait to learn some new things from you. The dresses, outfits, etc. are precious!!!!! I love having sewing buddies - thanks to you and Deb for getting me started sewing! Love you, Leslie

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! She has a bow in her hair!!! You know how much I love bows! That's my favorite! Love you guys, Shea

Deb said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm dying!!! Teach me, teach me!!! Mrs. Burkhart may become my new hero! I hope I get to meet her soon! So glad you had so much fun and got to learn so many things! You did a fantastic job!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Laura! It's Frances! I found your blog from Amy's site and saw how beautiful Kate is...and how very crafty you are! Was that Mrs. Burkhart from McElwain???

Anyway, just wanted to shoot you a comment to let you know that your little family is beautiful! We have a blog at theworthingtonjourney.blogspot.com.

Good to see you girl!
Frances, Jay, Anli, and Virginia