Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Drugs are my friend!

So the bottom line of my story is that when you are uncomfortable and in pain, go to the hospital! Because I was only 38 weeks and I was VERY uncomfortable and in pain but it wasn't what I thought labor pain would be like and it was happening about every 10 or so minutes and they tell you not to come unless you are having pain every 5 minutes. But when I got there I was over 5cm dialated and they tried to calmly tell us that we would be having a baby within hours. But, there are many funny stories from this whole experience that I will have to share with you all but if I must say anything it is that I love modern medicine. After being in so much pain I was completely amazed at how enjoyable the whole experience was just because of the epidural. You feel nothing and are so laid back...I just can't get over how WONDERFUL drugs are!

Kate is doing well. Our first night home was interesting. We told her it was false advertising because in the hospital she barely cried but last night she seemed to make up for it. My mom is staying with us which is nice that between her, Jason and myself...someone is able to get some sleep!

Dr. Damrich delivered her and Erin was our labor nurse and was awesome!
Jason holding Kate for the first time. For never handling a newborn before he has really done an awesome job! He is a great dad.
Except for the fact that he seems to be able to sleep through anything. He was out like a light even in these sleeping circumstances!
On our way home. Her car seat swallows her but she seemed not to mind.
Lucy was very excited to see us. She is funny because she wines to see Kate. When Kate is out of Lucy's sight she wines until we put her down for her to sniff and check on. We still have some adjusting to do though...Lucy got the least amount of sleep of all of us because she was up everytime someone else was up last night. I am sure she will become disinterested soon...but its cute.

4 comments:

Whitlamy said...

Ahhh...I LOVE it!! Please keep us updated as it's so nice to be able to see the pictures and know what's going on with you all. Hmmm...maybe we've swaped. Bryce was PERFECT and never cried the first 4 weeks. Now, he's definitely found his lungs. So, maybe Kate will be fussy for a few weeks and then you'll have a time of bliss and no crying. We can't wait to come although we can't this weekend because Michael is teaching at our church's family camp in the mountains and Bryce and I are going. So, maybe next weekend...or maybe Bryce and I will come during the week next week. We love you and know how challenging these first few days can be. I'm praying for you...for real!!
Amy, Michael and Bryce

Knierim said...

Congrats!! She is precious. I'm so happy for you. I agree with you that drugs are wonderful. I told my anesthesiologist that he was my favorite doctor EVER!

Jenn

The Alsobrook Family said...

I love your website!!!! However, the drugs are not that great for everyone. You had a really good ecperience!!!! Just a posting for those in waiting that might be mislead.You're baby is a beauty and I can't wait to see her again!

Love all 3 of you,

Lindsey

Anonymous said...

her pu--y is so nice I love new born pu--y